ToolTips and firefox

  • Criss
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2006
      I'm having a problem using tool tips in firefox. I've gotten them to
      work in IE6 but not in firefox. I use master pages on my site and
      that is where i'm placing the javascript code for the tool tip. The
      context item that the tooltip refers to is in the content pages of my
      site. I have also tried it with the javascript on the content page
      and it still doesn't work. Is there anything I have to do special to
      make tooltips work in firefox.
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2006

        Tooltips work in all A-grade browsers, which include IE and Firefox. Have you looked at the Tooltip example: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/tooltip/

        Check and see if that works for you in Firefox. It should work without a problem. If you can’t get your Tooltips working, please post your full code sample so that someone can assist you.

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 20, 2006
          Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm currently experiencing the
          same issue. Thanks.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20, 2006
            Ok.. I wrote to quickly and solved my own issue. In case someone else
            makes this mistake here is the deal:

            IE will pick up var assignments in the body on the page load without
            being encapsulated in an initialization functions. Firefox will not.
            As soon as I enclosed my code in a window.onload = function() {}
            configuration, it worked just fine.

            There you have it.

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "roberts_wesleyan"
            <pollock_christopher@...> wrote:

            > Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm currently experiencing the
            > same issue. Thanks.
            >

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Criss" <nitramssirc@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm having a problem using tool tips in firefox. I've gotten them to
            > > work in IE6 but not in firefox. I use master pages on my site and
            > > that is where i'm placing the javascript code for the tool tip. The
            > > context item that the tooltip refers to is in the content pages of my
            > > site. I have also tried it with the javascript on the content page
            > > and it still doesn't work. Is there anything I have to do special to
            > > make tooltips work in firefox.

          • Dan Kirshner
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
              I had tooltips working in Windows/IE7 and Mac/Safari, but not in Firefox on either
              Windows or Mac. Turns out the fix for Firefox was just to make sure the link/button/
              whatever came BEFORE the inline script for the tooltip (as the example page showed, but
              sometimes you miss these things...). No special initialization needed in this case.