Re: [ydn-javascript] Cleaning up Menu, MenuItems, and events for those YUI components

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2008
      Miguel -

      Calling a Menu instance's "destroy" method will properly clean up the Menu.

      - Todd

      On Oct 30, 2008, at 12:01 PM, miguel wrote:

      I'm putting together an application where I will be creating and
      destroying many menu components, depending on where the user clicks on
      the page. All of this will be happening without the browser having to
      refresh.

      How can I ensure that all of the components that create and the event
      listeners are destroyed properly?

      The problem that I am having at the moment, is that the menu and menu
      items only respond to events the first time that they are loaded. I am
      thinking that this is due to all of the events that I keep registering
      for my components.

      Any help is appreciated.

      Thanks.