Tree View State

  • Emma
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2008
      Using Treeview, I need to maintain the state of the menu from the
      session? Imagining dynamillcay updating it through subscribe to expand
      & collpase.

      Scenerio
      ----------
      1. Tree of parents and child nodes with links.
      2. Each node has a link to a different page (dependent on category)
      3. Each node href includes a variable identifying the selected node
      Branch ID ( so that this branch can be expanded by the loaded page)
      4. I lose the other expanded menu items, and because the tree is
      dynamically expanded and collapsed I am not sure how to maintain this
      data.

      I looked at this link:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/treeview/tv-markup.html

      which showed a way to copy a tree with the most recent version.... If
      we had the most recent version (and bug fixe time-frame won't permit)
      I would imagine I could save the value of getTreeDefinition() to a
      session perhaps (I am using php) using tree.subscribe('collapse',
      function(node) . However, I don't and won't have access to this upate :-(

      Any suggestions to do something like this appreciated. Trying to wrap
      my mind around this code that is new to me.

      cheers,