Re: [ydn-javascript] Patch: Optionally leave empty group UL when MenuItems removed

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2008
      Hello Mike -

      This patch doesn't seem necessary as you just need to call render again once the Menu instance is completely empty:

      - Todd

      On Nov 25, 2008, at 9:56 AM, MikeHatfield wrote:

      https://sourceforge .net/tracker/ index.php? func=detail& aid=2344698& group_\
      id=165715&atid= 836478

      When calling removeItem() on a Menu in 2.6.0, the current behaviour is
      to also remove the parent UL tag from a menu group, when the last of the
      group's MenuItems has been removed. This is sensible default behaviour
      to clear up the DOM in most cases.

      To support our requirement to be able to reconstruct an empty group from
      an existing menu, I created the patch referred to above. The patch adds
      a new optional parameter "p_keepEmptyGroup" to removeItem() to prevent
      this empty UL tag being removed.

      Of course, if there's an existing way to do this with the API please let
      me know.

      Regards,
      Mike
      (Lead UI Engineer, Alfresco)