Re: Carousel and Slider Components Disappear in IE

  • Dave Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2008
      Thanks for the quick response, Gopal...

      I'll check out Bill Scott's forum.

      Although, I found that when I added

      * {zoom:1}

      to my CSS, the problem goes away, so I think I'm running into a
      known "disappearing content" bug in IE that has to do with table cell
      content that is positioned relatively. That CSS rule sets IE's
      proprietary hasLayout property to true.

      - Dave

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Gopal Venkatesan (ग
      ोपाल वेंकटेसन)" <gopal@...> wrote:

      > On Dec 9, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Dave Elliott wrote:
      >
      > > Hi...
      > >
      > > I'm using the Carousel and Slider components on a shopping site.
      > >
      > > In IE, both components suddenly disappear in several situations,
      most
      > > commonly when another div is made to appear on top of the
      carousel.

      > > Example is at http://www.luxetier.com/dev2.html
      > >
      > > The home page has just a carousel (no slider) and, when you click
      on
      > > one of the letters below the carousel, the carousel disappears.
      > >
      > > If a shopping category tab is clicked (e.g., Women's Apparel), the
      > > carousel and slider are shown. Again, when you click on one of the
      > > letters, both YUI components disappear.
      > >

      > Hi Dave:
      >
      > Looking at the source I see that you're using Bill Scott's
      Carousel