Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Autocomplete Help Please

  • Arun Kumar Roy
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
      Why cant you check in firebug what is the return of your call.

      On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:34 AM, JD Hatton <jdhatton@...> wrote:

      Thank you for the response.

      I understand about waiting patiently.

      I am running this on a web server. I'm using Tomcat which is running Apache web http server.
      I have all of these files under the WebContent folder where all other "pages" are located.
      If I try to run the php directly using a direct URL it opens fine.

      I tried using a text file with some words each on a new line. This shows in the drop down fine but does not go to
      a item in the file when you type a letter. For example typing "A" should only show words starting with A but simply
      shows everything.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks again - JD

      On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Ron Savage <ron@...> wrote:

      Hi

      Firstly, it's good manners to only post once, and then wait patiently
      until someone answers.

      Secondly:

      1) Are you running this under a web server such as Apache?

      If not, I would not expect it to work, since you need a web server, or
      something equivalent, to execute PHP, before a PHP script will deliver
      the goods.

      2) If you are, is the script marked executable (in the Unix sense of
      setting the execute bits, if you're actually using Unix)?

      3) And/Or is the script in a directory which the web server expects to
      contain executable scripts?

      As you can see, the situation is complicated, and it's hard to know
      what you real problem is.