YAHOO.plugin.Dispatcher and AutoComplete

  • Ron Savage
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2008
      Hi Folks

      I tried to create nested tabs by creating several tabs with
      Javascript, and then using Dispatcher.

      However, I found that the tab which contained AutoComplete fields
      stopped responding, i.e. the input fields just became ordinary text
      fields.

      Did I do something wrong, or does Dispatcher just not handle that
      situation?

      TIA.
    • bill@thevillage.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2008
        I've been using dispatcher quite a bit lately..    I've done a similar thing w/ an autocomplete inside of a tab loaded via dispatcher with no problems..   My first instinct would be to open up firebug and see if the autocomplete GET's are failing..   Also, where are you loading the scripts to call your autocomplete?  Not that it would matter much methinks..

        I tried to create nested tabs by creating several tabs with
        Javascript, and then using Dispatcher.

        However, I found that the tab which contained AutoComplete fields
        stopped responding, i.e. the input fields just became ordinary text
        fields.

        Did I do something wrong, or does Dispatcher just not handle that
        situation?

        TIA.

        Sent from a personalized AOL(R) My eAddress. Create your own FREE email address from scratch, not just the part before the @.
      • Ron Savage
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2008
          Hi Bill

          Many thanx for you reply.

          The fact that someone can get it to work gives me enough encouragement
          to perhaps try again.

          Perhaps?

          Well, in the meantime I tried a different path: I removed the tabs in
          question and put buttons on another tab, which when clicked popped-up
          the original tabs.

          The point is that instead of having those (3) tabs open permanently,
          they only appear if the user wants them, and with Close Tab buttons on
          each, the user can regain screen space by closing them.

          But still, it's tempting...
        • Caridy Patino
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2008
            Hey Ron,

            The dispatcher should not prevent you to use any JS component, from
            YUI or from any other library... It just executes the JS chunks... if
            something goes wrong, then we need to check the JS code for the tab...
            that's the way to go...

            Anyway, can I see the code? Usually this kind of problem is related with:

            1. Multiple elements with the same ID
            2. Global variables that are transformed into local variables because
            the dispatcher uses an anonymous function.

            Best Regards,
            Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)
            Yahoo! LATAM.