How to use 2 YUI elements together?

  • davechl
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
      Hi,
      I'm not a programmer but I'd like to just "prototype" a form dialog
      using the simple panel. Inside the dialog/panel, I'd like to display
      the yui tooltip when users mouse over a series of images. But I'm
      having trouble getting the tooltips to show when I put together both
      the panel and tooltips code together, on one HTML page.

      What do I need to do to get them working? The page with the panel
      works fine on its own, so does the page with the tooltip. Is it
      something about the namespace? (I noticed that for both elements,
      there is the same declaration "YAHOO.namespace("example.container");"
      at the beginning of the script. Or it's something else?

      Please advice,
      David
    • D. Wayne Fincher
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2008
        It sounds to me like it's a css problem.

        As if your panel is occupying a higher z-index than the tooltip.

        I don't know how to fix it, especially without knowing where in the
        DOM the panel and the tooltip live, and without knowing how you render
        them both.

        I'm sure there's a way though with the right combination of z-indexes
        relative to the panel and tooltip.