Is there any JavaScript IDE suggested when using YUI?

  • johnson_ouyang
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2008
      I am new to JavaScript development. I am wondering if there is any
      JavaScript IDE suggested for JavaScript when using YUI?

      Thanks a lot,

      Johnson
    • "Gopal Venkatesan (गोपाल वे
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2008
        On Dec 5, 2008, at 2:27 PM, johnson_ouyang wrote:

        > I am new to JavaScript development. I am wondering if there is any
        > JavaScript IDE suggested for JavaScript when using YUI?

        I've heard from my colleagues that Komodo[1] is quite good and it can
        autocomplete YUI methods/attributes for you; and of course Eclipse[2]
        is also another option.

        That said, I use Emacs with JS2 mode :)

        HTH.

        [1] http://www.activestate.com/Products/komodo_ide/index.mhtml
        [2] http://www.eclipse.org/

        --
        Gopal Venkatesan
        http://g13n.in/

        Note: if you see question marks (?????) after my name in the From
        header, then your mail tool is not Unicode enabled! You should see my
        name (Gopal Venkatesan) in Hindi (गोपाल
        वेंकटेसन)
      • Nate Koechley
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2008
          There's a long thread of this topic here:

          Nate