yui css master font and size

  • adolfo foronda
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2008
      Instead of Arial I want Verdana as my base font, do I make the change
      in the reset-fonts-grids.css file or on my other.css file? is there a
      special selector to do this or is it the usual body{font: verdana
      ...;} markup?

      Thanks,
      Adolfo
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2008
        Hey Adolfo,

        In addition to BODY you'll want to include these other elements that
        YUI Fonts sets to Arial explicitly:

        select,
        input,
        button,
        textarea

        Thanks,
        Nate

        On Dec 5, 2008, at 12:36 PM, adolfo foronda wrote:

        > Instead of Arial I want Verdana as my base font, do I make the change
        > in the reset-fonts-grids.css file or on my other.css file? is there a
        > special selector to do this or is it the usual body{font: verdana
        > ...;} markup?
        >

        > Thanks,
        > Adolfo

      • adolfo foronda
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2008
          on the yui css file or my other css file?

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Nate Koechley <natek@...> wrote:

          > Hey Adolfo,
          >
          > In addition to BODY you'll want to include these other elements that
          > YUI Fonts sets to Arial explicitly:
          >
          > select,
          > input,
          > button,
          > textarea
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Nate
          >

          > On Dec 5, 2008, at 12:36 PM, adolfo foronda wrote:
          >
          > > Instead of Arial I want Verdana as my base font, do I make the change
          > > in the reset-fonts-grids.css file or on my other.css file? is there a
          > > special selector to do this or is it the usual body{font: verdana
          > > ...;} markup?
          > >

          > > Thanks,
          > > Adolfo

        • Nate Koechley
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2008
            I tend to think it's best to leave the YUI files alone and add the
            overwrites you need sometime after you call them. By YMMV depending on
            if you're linking to untouched YUI files or if you're concating YUI
            with your own stuff.

            Thanks,
            Nate

            On Dec 5, 2008, at 1:37 PM, adolfo foronda wrote:

            > on the yui css file or my other css file?
            >
            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Nate Koechley <natek@...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >> Hey Adolfo,
            >>
            >> In addition to BODY you'll want to include these other elements that
            >> YUI Fonts sets to Arial explicitly:
            >>
            >> select,
            >> input,
            >> button,
            >> textarea
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >> Nate
            >>

            >> On Dec 5, 2008, at 12:36 PM, adolfo foronda wrote:
            >>
            >>> Instead of Arial I want Verdana as my base font, do I make the
            >>> change
            >>> in the reset-fonts-grids.css file or on my other.css file? is
            >>> there a
            >>> special selector to do this or is it the usual body{font: verdana
            >>> ...;} markup?
            >>>

            >>> Thanks,
            >>> Adolfo

          • Nico Giraldi
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2008
              adolfo foronda ha scritto:

              > Instead of Arial I want Verdana as my base font, do I make the change
              > in the reset-fonts-grids.css file or on my other.css file? is there a
              > special selector to do this or is it the usual body{font: verdana
              > ..;} markup?

              It is better to change font family in ur style sheet. Just add

              body{
              font-family: Verdana,....