Hidding columns style

  • Alejandro Diaz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008

      Hello,

      Is there any way to improve the css to avoid the lines generated when you try to hide a column? For example ive got a 7 column’s datatable and I need to hide the 3, 4 and 5th column, the columns now are hiding but I see a wide line and I would like to put a 1px line.

      Thanks,

      Best regards,

      Alejandro Diaz
      ccfirst S.A.C.
      ad@...  |  Mobile +51 1 97 67 44 32  |  Office +51 1 421 8337
      website:
      http://www.ccfirst.com/
      ccfirst   |   Convenient Competence®
      The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any problems occur with transmission, please notify the sender immediately.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008
        If you don't want to show the columns ever, you simply don't mention
        them in the columns definitions. The values for those columns will still
        be available to you in the Record object, but no column will be drawn.
        It won't be hidden, it simply won't be there at all. Should you
        eventually want to show it, you can use insertColumn.

        Satyam

        Alejandro Diaz wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Is there any way to improve the css to avoid the lines generated when
        > you try to hide a column? For example ive got a 7 columnā€™s datatable
        > and I need to hide the 3, 4 and 5^th column, the columns now are
        > hiding but I see a wide line and I would like to put a 1px line.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > *Alejandro Diaz**
        > *ccfirst S.A.C.
        > ad@... <mailto:ba@...> | Mobile +51 1 97 67 44 32 |
        > Office +51 1 421 8337
        > website: _http://www.ccfirst.com/
        > _*cc**first** ** **|** ** **Convenient CompetenceĀ®
        > *The information contained in this email message may be privileged,
        > confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
        > are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
        > dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is
        > or if any problems occur with transmission, please notify the sender
        > immediately.

      • razer2176
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2009
          Old post I know, but probably quite some people are wondering how to fix this.
          I wrote a css fix for this particular problem. Not only the div inside the table cells will be hidden also the table cells itself. Now it just hides the div inside the cell leaving the table cell visible.

          Just put these css modification into your own css script and include this after the datatable css file.

          th.yui-dt-hidden,
          tr.yui-dt-odd .yui-dt-hidden,
          tr.yui-dt-even .yui-dt-hidden {
          display:none;
          }

          For a demonstration you can go check out this page:
          http://normankosmal.com/wordpress/?p=45

          greetings,

          raz