[ydn-javascript] Create YUI data tables on the fly

  • Nihar Bhatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hi All,

      I want to dynamically create YUI data tables on my page.

      so is it possible to create YUI data tables on the fly if yes then how ?  ......

      Does this hit the performance issues ( like slow loading  of a page) ?

    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        Nihar,

        Many of the examples on the YUI website show "on the fly" creation, including this one:

        Performance is an outcome based on multiple variables, including prominently how many rows and columns there are in your table, how complex your formatters are, how many features you're using, how fast data comes back from the server (if you're using server-side data), etc.

        On-the-fly creation is not expected to be much faster than Progressive Enhancement, nor slower, in a common use case.

        -Eric