API Web Search: How to exclude a url within site?

  • mercuryrevver
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
      I want to filter my results so /forum/ doesn't show up in the search
      results of my site. This would be similar to using "-inurl" but what
      I've tried doesn't work. If I have $q .= "&site=www.mysite.com", what
      do I need to add to filter out certain urls?

      Thanks,
      Roger
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
        Roger,

        I'd recommend post-flltering the results of the query (ie, let all the results come back and filter out the urls you don't want).  I'm not aware of anything in the API that allows you to do what you're describing on the server side via BOSS or the earlier Search APIs.

        That said, I'm no particular expert on BOSS, and I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree in general.  It would probably be a good idea to post your query to the BOSS forum:

        There you'll find a community with much better domain-specific knowledge about the Search APIs.

        Good luck with your project,
        Eric

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2008
          Thank you Eric. I'll give that a try.