RE: [ydn-javascript] Carousel shows elements in FF3, shows no elements in IE6, and carousel navigator disappears

  • Karr, David
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2008
      Gopal, or anyone, any ideas about this?

      From: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karr, David
      Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:16 PM
      To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] Carousel shows elements in FF3, shows no elements in IE6, and carousel navigator disappears

      The following is my test page: <http://www.rattiewo rldocomfort. com/carouseltest /imagecatalog. html>.

      This prototype page using YUI 2.6.0 and the Carousel component works ok in Firefox 3.0.4 (although Gopal is looking at a problem with the margin width causing issues). When I run it in IE6, however, it shows the Carousel component and the area where the images will go, but it shows no images (although I think it might be displaying them 1 pixel wide on the Carousel's right-hand border).  Using Firebug Lite (that page is configured with it), the elements appear to be there, but they don't display.  Looking at the computed style, the only thing that seems vaguely suspicious is that the "li" element has visibility set to "inherit".

      The carousel navigator shows the correct number of page pips.  When I click on the downarrow (it's set to vertical orientation) , the carousel navigator disappears, and some single pixels get overwritten on the right-hand border of the component (about 150 pixels apart, the height of most of my images), but it still doesn't display any images.

    • Gopal Venkatesan (गोपाल वे
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
        On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Karr, David <david.karr@...> wrote:
        > The following is my test page:
        > <http://www.rattieworldocomfort.com/carouseltest/imagecatalog.html>.
        >
        > This prototype page using YUI 2.6.0 and the Carousel component works ok in
        > Firefox 3.0.4 (although Gopal is looking at a problem with the margin width
        > causing issues). When I run it in IE6, however, it shows the Carousel
        > component and the area where the images will go, but it shows no images
        > (although I think it might be displaying them 1 pixel wide on the Carousel's
        > right-hand border). Using Firebug Lite (that page is configured with it),
        > the elements appear to be there, but they don't display. Looking at the
        > computed style, the only thing that seems vaguely suspicious is that the
        > "li" element has visibility set to "inherit".
        >
        > The carousel navigator shows the correct number of page pips. When I click
        > on the downarrow (it's set to vertical orientation), the carousel navigator
        > disappears, and some single pixels get overwritten on the right-hand border
        > of the component (about 150 pixels apart, the height of most of my images),
        > but it still doesn't display any images.

        Looks like IE6 is having problems with some of the CSS rules. While I
        couldn't find the exact problem, inspecting with IE web developer
        toolbar reveals the images on clicking the "LI", and if I click the
        navigation, the images disappear.

        I feel it might need some time to debug this probably looking through
        IE6 CSS bugs.

        --
        Gopal Venkatesan
        http://g13n.in/

        Note: if you see question marks (?????) after my name in the From
        header, then your mail tool is not Unicode enabled!
        You should see my name (Gopal Venkatesan) in Hindi (गोपाल वेंकटेसन)