Passing a date in a DataTable row to the DateCellEditor?

  • fon_cryan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
      The inline cell editing in the YUI Data Table works beautifully --
      with one exception that I haven't been able to figure out.

      Look at the calendar date editor in this example from the YUI site:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_cellediting.html

      The date editor selects the current date, instead of reading the value
      in the row in the data table (like the other types of editors in the
      example do).

      Is there a way to pass the actual date in the row to the date editor?

      Many thanks.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
        This is a bug and has been reported:

        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2182395&group_id=165715&atid=836476

        It is not that the current date is selected, the highlight you see is
        the one used to show which one is the current date, not the selected
        one. The problem is that the command to show the correct page (month
        and year) is missing so the current month and year is always shown and,
        within it, the current date highlighted. If you were to browse through
        the calendar to reach the correct month and year you would eventually
        see the correct date selected.

        You can see the difference if you edit any of the dates and select any
        date in the current month different from the current date. If you edit
        that same cell again, you will be able to see the two highlights, the
        'selected' date and the 'current' date.

        Satyam