Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [ydn-javascript] Bug in Datasource 2.6.0 with XML-Data?

Expand Messages
  • Satyam
    This has been reported: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2144118&group_id=165715&atid=836476 You might want to subscribe to that item
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      This has been reported:

      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2144118&group_id=165715&atid=836476

      You might want to subscribe to that item to get notified when news come out.

      Satyam


      dietrich.frank wrote:
      > I have a DataTable that uses XML data and works wonderfull with 2.5.2
      > but refuses to do so with 2.6.0. The table renders but has no data,
      > correction, only the last column of data, and some of my formatters
      > deliver "undefined".
      >
      > in firebug also only one of my columns shows up in the datasource.
      >
      > So, after a few hours of head-scratching, I switched to the
      > -debug-versions and stepped through the whole process of parsing.
      >
      > Doing that, I found that "parseXMLResult" in DataSource throws an
      > exception as soon as it falls over an empty (=null) here:
      >
      > ...
      > var xmlNode = result.getElementsByTagName(key);
      > if(xmlNode && xmlNode.item(0) && xmlNode.item(0)) {
      > data = xmlNode.item(0).firstChild.nodeValue;
      > var item = xmlNode.item(0);
      > ...
      >
      >
      > I think the if-clause should check for firstChild not being null as
      > the corresponding piece of code in 2.5.2 does, where it says:
      >
      > ...
      > var xmlNode = result.getElementsByTagName(key);
      > if(xmlNode && xmlNode.item(0) && xmlNode.item(0).firstChild) {
      > data = xmlNode.item(0).firstChild.nodeValue;
      > }
      > else {
      > data = "";
      > }
      > ...
      >
      > adding the "firstChild" makes the parser work and brings my table back
      > to life
      >
      >
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Frank
      >
      > P.S.: this happened with the download version that I use locally.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      >
      >
      > No virus found in this incoming message.
      > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
      > Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1819 - Release Date: 29/11/2008 10:37
      >
      >
    • Frank Dietrich
      Thanks a lot Satyam Frank *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Thanks a lot Satyam

        Frank

        *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

        On 30.11.08 at 09:25 Satyam wrote:

        >This has been reported:
        >
        >https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2144118&group_id=165715&atid=836476
        >
        >You might want to subscribe to that item to get notified when news come
        >out.
        >
        >Satyam
        >
        >
        >dietrich.frank wrote:
        >> I have a DataTable that uses XML data and works wonderfull with 2.5.2
        >> but refuses to do so with 2.6.0. The table renders but has no data,
        >> correction, only the last column of data, and some of my formatters
        >> deliver "undefined".
        >>
        >> in firebug also only one of my columns shows up in the datasource.
        >>
        >> So, after a few hours of head-scratching, I switched to the
        >> -debug-versions and stepped through the whole process of parsing.
        >>
        >> Doing that, I found that "parseXMLResult" in DataSource throws an
        >> exception as soon as it falls over an empty (=null) here:
        >>
        >> ...
        >> var xmlNode = result.getElementsByTagName(key);
        >> if(xmlNode && xmlNode.item(0) && xmlNode.item(0)) {
        >> data = xmlNode.item(0).firstChild.nodeValue;
        >> var item = xmlNode.item(0);
        >> ...
        >>
        >>
        >> I think the if-clause should check for firstChild not being null as
        >> the corresponding piece of code in 2.5.2 does, where it says:
        >>
        >> ...
        >> var xmlNode = result.getElementsByTagName(key);
        >> if(xmlNode && xmlNode.item(0) && xmlNode.item(0).firstChild) {
        >> data = xmlNode.item(0).firstChild.nodeValue;
        >> }
        >> else {
        >> data = "";
        >> }
        >> ...
        >>
        >> adding the "firstChild" makes the parser work and brings my table back
        >> to life
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> regards
        >>
        >> Frank
        >>
        >> P.S.: this happened with the download version that I use locally.
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> ------------------------------------
        >>
        >> Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        >>
        >>
        >> No virus found in this incoming message.
        >> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
        >> Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1819 - Release Date:
        >29/11/2008 10:37
        >>
        >>
        >
        >------------------------------------
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.