Yui data table and Jquery progress bar

  • traderashish
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2008
      I have yui data table and I want to show progess bar in one column.
      Only good and easy to implement progress bar I could find is jquery progress bar

      http://dev.jquery.com/view/trunk/ui/demos/functional/#ui.progressbar

      I tried to add formatter to status column like this but it did not work,

      Ex.myProgressFormatter = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
      var status = oRecord.getData("status");
      elCell.innerHTML = "<div class=\"progressbar\"> </div>";
      $(".progressbar").progressbar().progressbar("progress", status);

      };

      Can you please help - 1) how to make above work
      or b) Please let me know if you know a good progress bar to use with YUI data table
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2008
        I think that you have a problem in identifying the progress bar since
        each cell will have a div with className progressbar, the result of
        searching for that div will find who knows which one. Anyway, elCell is
        already a <div> which is completely available for you to use as you want
        so you can create the progress bar right in it.

        I did a progress bar based on YUI you might want to try:

        http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/#progressbar

        You would use it like this:

        Ex.myProgressFormatter = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
        (new YAHOO.widget.ProgressBar({value:oRecord.getData("status"), ... other config options ..})).render(elCell);
        };

        Though the config options allow you to set plenty of things, I recommend
        you use CSS to style it, for example, width and height. Other options
        are only available through CSS (images) and 'value', 'minValue',
        'maxValue' only via code.

        Satyam

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
          Hi Satyam,

          one problem, it works except, when I click any header to sort the table it creates another
          progress bar in same row column. Every time I click to sort it adds more progress bars.

          Progress bar column is not sortable but other columns are.
          thanks

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
            getting Safari issue for progress bar, the outer box is showing but
            bar is not showing in Safari 3.1
            It is working fine in Fire Fox.

            Any clues.
            here is the code
            Ex.myProgressFormatter = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {

            (new
            YAHOO.widget.ProgressBar({value:oRecord.getData("status")})).render(elCell);

            };

            {
            > > var status = oRecord.getData("status");
            > > elCell.innerHTML = "<div
            class=\"progressbar\"> </div>";

            $(".progressbar").progressbar().progressbar("progress", status);

            > > };
            > >
            > > Can you please help - 1) how to make above work
            > > or b) Please let me know if you know a good progress bar to use
            with YUI data table

            29/11/2008 10:37

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
              I just changed your example to use my ProgressBar, you would have had
              the same issue with any bar.

              I guess that the best way to fix it would be something like this. I
              haven't tested it so it might not work so cleanly.

              Have an extra object outside of the DataTable. Each table row in the DataTable has a unique identifier. Use this id as the key into this object to store the reference to the progressbar that belongs to that row. If there is no such entry in the table, create the progress bar and store it there. If there is an entry, use it and set the value.

              var pbs = {} // collection of progress bars
              Ex.myProgressFormatter = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
              var tr = YAHOO.util.Dom.getAncestorByTagName(elCell,'tr');
              if (pbs[tr.id]) {
              pbs[tr.id].set('value',oRecord.getData("status"));
              } else {
              pbs[tr.id] = new YAHOO.widget.ProgressBar({value:oRecord.getData("status"), ... other config options ..})).render(elCell);
              }
              });

              A far easier way is the following: Don't use any progress bar. After all, the progressbar is nothing more than a div with its size manipulated. If you don't care for the mask (rounder corners, borders or other decoration), then you already have all you need in the cell. The cell is made of two parts, the TD element of the actual HTML table and the liner, which is a div inside the TD. Set the TD element, that is, the whole column, to a fixed size and set the width of the liner proportional to the value.

              Satyam

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
                Thanks Satyam,
                Safari issue: I am using your progress bar and your css with slight
                change in width=100px and height=10px.
                same code,

                in safari: <div class="yui-pb-bar" style="width: 0px;">
                in firefox : <div class="yui-pb-bar" style="width: 37px;">
                value of oRecord.getData("status") is 37 in both cases.

                Any clues...
                code:

                29/11/2008 10:37

                01/12/2008 19:59

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
                  Can I see your code running so I can understand what's going on?

                  Satyam