stop Linkbutton from redirecting

  • usman syed
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hi folks,

      I am using a linkbutton in datatable, the linkbutton when clicked is redirected in its normal behaviour. Now i want to stop this redirection and wants to stay on the client side.

      I have captured the linkbutton click event through
          myDataTable.on("linkClickEvent", function (oArgs)
                  {
                        //Stop Redirection
                       // My own processing
                  });

      All i want now is to do some processing on the client side and no posting or redirection when the link button is pressed. .

      Looking forward

      Syed Usman

    • usmans1
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2008
        I found the solution. All i have to do was to make my function

        myDataTable.on("linkClickEvent", function (oArgs)
        {
        //Stop Redirection
        YAHOO.util.Event.stopEvent(oArgs.event);//stops redirection
        // My own processing
        });

        Thanks.