Colour picker and setValue

  • Mike Woods
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hi guys, I'm using the colour picker in an editor and i've found that
      I can set the value of the colour picker however this isnt reflected
      in the rgb fields which remain on pure white.

      Event.onDOMReady(function() {
      fgPicker = new YAHOO.widget.ColorPicker("foreground", {
      showhsvcontrols: false,
      showhexcontrols: true,
      showwebsafe: false,
      images: {
      PICKER_THUMB: "assets/picker_thumb.png",
      HUE_THUMB: "assets/hue_thumb.png"
      }
      });
      fgPicker.setValue(['0','0','255'],true);

      Am I missing something painfully obvious here ?
    • bretlevy
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2008
        See if this doesn't help...

        http://yuihelp.levycodev.com/demos/colorpicker/multi_colorpickers_on_a
        _page_help.php

        ~~bret

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Woods" <mike@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys, I'm using the colour picker in an editor and i've found
        that
        > I can set the value of the colour picker however this isnt reflected
        > in the rgb fields which remain on pure white.
        >

        > Event.onDOMReady(function() {
        > fgPicker = new YAHOO.widget.ColorPicker("foreground", {
        > showhsvcontrols: false,
        > showhexcontrols: true,
        > showwebsafe: false,
        > images: {

        PICKER_THUMB: "assets/picker_thumb.png",

        HUE_THUMB: "assets/hue_thumb.png"
        > }
        > });
        > fgPicker.setValue(['0','0','255'],true);
        >
        > Am I missing something painfully obvious here ?

      • Lucas Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Woods" <mike@...> wrote:

          > Hi guys, I'm using the colour picker in an editor and i've found that
          > I can set the value of the colour picker however this isnt reflected
          > in the rgb fields which remain on pure white.
          >

          > Event.onDOMReady(function() {
          > fgPicker = new YAHOO.widget.ColorPicker("foreground", {
          > showhsvcontrols: false,
          > showhexcontrols: true,
          > showwebsafe: false,
          > images: {
          > PICKER_THUMB: "assets/picker_thumb.png",
          > HUE_THUMB: "assets/hue_thumb.png"
          > }
          > });
          > fgPicker.setValue(['0','0','255'],true);
          >
          > Am I missing something painfully obvious here ?

          Mike,

          You're not missing anything obvious. This is a known bug with
          ColorPicker. You need to wrap the setValue in a setTimeout if it is
          called immediately after construction:
          setTimeout(function () {
          fgPicker.setValue([0,0,255]);
          },10);

          Also, you *should* be able to just pass the initial color value to the
          'rgb' config ala
          ..,{
          showhsvcontrols: false,
          rgb: [0,0,255]
          });

          but this suffers from the same issue. This should be resolved in the
          next release.

          Incidentally, have a look at this example:
          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v260/examples/colorpicker/colorpicker_two.html

          Hope this helps,
          Luke
        • bretlevy
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
            I *am* able to set the color value (yui 2.5.1) of the color picker.
            See:

            http://yuihelp.levycodev.com/demos/colorpicker/multi_colorpickers_on_a
            _page_help.php

            I call setcolor after the object is created and/or shown, and I have
            not seen a problem...

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 12, 2008
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bretlevy" <bret@...> wrote:

              > I *am* able to set the color value (yui 2.5.1) of the color picker.
              > See:
              >
              > http://yuihelp.levycodev.com/demos/colorpicker/multi_colorpickers_on_a
              > _page_help.php
              >
              > I call setcolor after the object is created and/or shown, and I have
              > not seen a problem...
              >
              > ~~bret
              [snip]

              Bret,

              There's a race condition that shows up occasionally whereby calling
              setValue(rgb) in thread will cause the RegionSlider to behave as
              though the thumb's current y value is the top of draggable region. So
              if the thumb were initialized to #888, you couldn't drag the thumb
              above the halfway mark of the visible region, but you *could* drag the
              thumb below the visible bottom edge of the region. It wouldn't show
              up in your example because you are initializing the value to #ff0000,
              which places the thumb at the top of the region anyway.

              I don't suspect the bug will show up often (if ever) in the wild, but
              I have been able to consistently reproduce it in my tests.

              Regardless, the other failings of initialized value (setting rgb in
              the constructor config) warrant a bit of plumbing inspection for the
              next release.

              FYI,
              Luke