Datatable and IE Cache problem

  • mgall2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2008
      IE is caching the data for a page, so record updates are not reflected
      after a page refresh, because IE is using the cache data instead.

      There are a few messages about the problems with the IE cache, but
      haven't yet found a working solution.

      1. I can change the default setting in IE to 'Check for newer
      versions every time I visit a page'. This does solve the problem, but
      I can't ask every visitor to the site to change their IE settings.

      2. I tried sending suggested headers with the php header() function
      like this:

      <?php
      header('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate'); // HTTP/1.1
      header('Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT'); // Date in the past
      ?>

      This seems like a good solution, but it didn't seem to work. Are there
      any examples of how to do this?

      3. I tried using meta tags like this:

      But that didn't seem to work either.

      4. I read about a url trick, but that clogs a user's cache, so it's
      probably a method of last resort.

      5. There was also a mention of setting the web server to serve 'raw'
      files, but it's not clear how to best proceed with this approach.

      What's the best approach to get IE not to cache a page so
      that the yui datatable contents are accurate after a page refresh?

      Thanks,

      --Mark