Re: [ydn-javascript] help with z-indexes (maybe?) on slider in safari

  • Matt Sweeney
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006
      I took a look in Safari 2.0.2, and didnt see the z-index issue when
      sliding back, but sliding fwd is broken.

      Matt

      th3w3bguy wrote:

      >hiya,
      >
      >i'm working on a portfolio for an artist and the staging area can be
      >seen here: http://www.kentknowles.com/2006
      >
      >if you click Gallery, then Recent Work, you'll see the slider.
      >
      >i'm loading a slider div with thumbnails that will load into the main
      >frame. the 'fwd' and 'bck' buttons slide the slider.
      >
      >everything works perfectly in ie6 and firefox, but not safari. the
      >little thumbnails seem to permiate through the left and right buttons,
      >so in safari you have to find a little area on the scroll buttons that
      >doesn't have a thumb "underneath" it to go forward and back.
      >
      >i have no clue why this is happening, has anyone had this problem?
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • th3w3bguy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
        if you click towards the bottom of the fwd button, underneath where
        there should be thumbnails 'behind' it it will still scroll, even in
        safari. the back button will then have the issue because there will be
        some thumbs 'behind it'.

        i still have no clue what's up and any help would be much appreciated <33