Carousel shows elements in FF3, shows no elements in IE6, and carousel navigator disappears

  • Karr, David
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2008
      Carousel shows elements in FF3, shows no elements in IE6, and carousel navigator disappears

      The following is my test page: <http://www.rattieworldocomfort.com/carouseltest/imagecatalog.html>.

      This prototype page using YUI 2.6.0 and the Carousel component works ok in Firefox 3.0.4 (although Gopal is looking at a problem with the margin width causing issues). When I run it in IE6, however, it shows the Carousel component and the area where the images will go, but it shows no images (although I think it might be displaying them 1 pixel wide on the Carousel's right-hand border).  Using Firebug Lite (that page is configured with it), the elements appear to be there, but they don't display.  Looking at the computed style, the only thing that seems vaguely suspicious is that the "li" element has visibility set to "inherit".

      The carousel navigator shows the correct number of page pips.  When I click on the downarrow (it's set to vertical orientation), the carousel navigator disappears, and some single pixels get overwritten on the right-hand border of the component (about 150 pixels apart, the height of most of my images), but it still doesn't display any images.

    • Karr, David
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2008
        Gopal, or anyone, any ideas about this?

[...]

      • Gopal Venkatesan (गोपाल वे
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
          On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Karr, David <david.karr@...> wrote:
          > The following is my test page:
          > <http://www.rattieworldocomfort.com/carouseltest/imagecatalog.html>.
          >
          > This prototype page using YUI 2.6.0 and the Carousel component works ok in
          > Firefox 3.0.4 (although Gopal is looking at a problem with the margin width
          > causing issues). When I run it in IE6, however, it shows the Carousel
          > component and the area where the images will go, but it shows no images
          > (although I think it might be displaying them 1 pixel wide on the Carousel's
          > right-hand border). Using Firebug Lite (that page is configured with it),
          > the elements appear to be there, but they don't display. Looking at the
          > computed style, the only thing that seems vaguely suspicious is that the
          > "li" element has visibility set to "inherit".
          >
          > The carousel navigator shows the correct number of page pips. When I click
          > on the downarrow (it's set to vertical orientation), the carousel navigator
          > disappears, and some single pixels get overwritten on the right-hand border
          > of the component (about 150 pixels apart, the height of most of my images),
          > but it still doesn't display any images.

          Looks like IE6 is having problems with some of the CSS rules. While I
          couldn't find the exact problem, inspecting with IE web developer
          toolbar reveals the images on clicking the "LI", and if I click the
          navigation, the images disappear.

          I feel it might need some time to debug this probably looking through
          IE6 CSS bugs.

          --
          Gopal Venkatesan
          http://g13n.in/

          Note: if you see question marks (?????) after my name in the From
          header, then your mail tool is not Unicode enabled!
          You should see my name (Gopal Venkatesan) in Hindi (गोपाल वेंकटेसन)