custom DropdownCellEditor problem

  • claracruzz
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2008

      I have a custom DropdownCellEditor that is doing the following;-

      YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor = function (oConfigs) {
      this._sId = "yui-dropdownceditor" +
      YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor._nCount++;
      oConfigs = oConfigs || {};
      oConfigs.type = 'dropdown';
      YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor.superclass.constructor.call(this,
      oConfigs);

      };

      YAHOO.lang.extend(YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor,
      YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor, {
      dropdownOptions : null,
      dropdownOptions_2 : null,
      dropdown : null,
      disableBtns: false,

      renderForm : function () {
      alert(this.dropdownOptions);
      ..
      ..
      ..
      }
      });

      Then i'm doing the following where I require it;-

      editor: new
      YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor({dropdownOptions:arrListCallType,dropdownOptions_2:arrListCategory,disableBtns:true})

      But for some reason, the value dropdownOptions:arrListCallType and
      dropdownOptions_2:arrListCategory are not being passed. The line
      alert(this.dropdownOptions); displays 'null' value.

      How do I set it up so that I can pass values or so that the value
      passed is being received.

      Thanks...
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2008
        You are calling the superclass of your superclass, which is fine in your
        case, the problem is that BaseCellEditor takes an extra argument, so
        your configs are offset by one. DropdownCellEditor itself calls it like
        this:

        YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor.superclass.constructor.call(this,
        "dropdown", oConfigs);

        Satyam

        claracruzz wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a custom DropdownCellEditor that is doing the following;-
        >
        > YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor = function (oConfigs) {
        > this._sId = "yui-dropdownceditor" +
        > YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor._nCount++;
        > oConfigs = oConfigs || {};
        > oConfigs.type = 'dropdown';
        > YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor.superclass.constructor.call(this,
        > oConfigs);
        >
        > };
        >
        > YAHOO.lang.extend(YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor,
        > YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor, {
        > dropdownOptions : null,
        > dropdownOptions_2 : null,
        > dropdown : null,
        > disableBtns: false,
        >
        > renderForm : function () {
        > alert(this.dropdownOptions);
        > ..
        > ..
        > ..
        > }
        > });
        >
        > Then i'm doing the following where I require it;-
        >
        > editor: new
        > YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor({dropdownOptions:arrListCallType,dropdownOptions_2:arrListCategory,disableBtns:true})
        >

        > But for some reason, the value dropdownOptions:arrListCallType and
        > dropdownOptions_2:arrListCategory are not being passed. The line
        > alert(this.dropdownOptions); displays 'null' value.
        >
        > How do I set it up so that I can pass values or so that the value
        > passed is being received.
        >
        > Thanks...

      • claracruzz
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
          Hi Satyam,

          Thanks a Million... It is my dream that I can spend my retirement
          doing what you do. Absoulutely splendid.

          Regards,

          Clara

          > You are calling the superclass of your superclass, which is fine in
          your
          > case, the problem is that BaseCellEditor takes an extra argument, so
          > your configs are offset by one. DropdownCellEditor itself calls it
          like
          > this:
          >
          > YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor.superclass.constructor.call(this,
          > "dropdown", oConfigs);
          >
          > Satyam
          >
          > claracruzz wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have a custom DropdownCellEditor that is doing the following;-
          > >
          > > YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor = function (oConfigs) {
          > > this._sId = "yui-dropdownceditor" +
          > > YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor._nCount++;
          > > oConfigs = oConfigs || {};
          > > oConfigs.type = 'dropdown';
          > > YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor.superclass.constructor.call(this,
          > > oConfigs);
          > >
          > > };
          > >
          > > YAHOO.lang.extend(YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor,
          > > YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor, {
          > > dropdownOptions : null,
          > > dropdownOptions_2 : null,
          > > dropdown : null,
          > > disableBtns: false,
          > >
          > > renderForm : function () {
          > > alert(this.dropdownOptions);
          > > ..
          > > ..
          > > ..
          > > }
          > > });
          > >
          > > Then i'm doing the following where I require it;-
          > >
          > > editor: new

          YAHOO.widget.DoubleDropdownCellEditor({dropdownOptions:arrListCallType,dropdownOptions_2:arrListCategory,disableBtns:true})

          > > But for some reason, the value dropdownOptions:arrListCallType and
          > > dropdownOptions_2:arrListCategory are not being passed. The line
          > > alert(this.dropdownOptions); displays 'null' value.
          > >
          > > How do I set it up so that I can pass values or so that the value
          > > passed is being received.
          > >
          > > Thanks...

          25/11/2008 19:53