Re: connection.js - content type

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Vadim Zaliva" <lord@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I am using connection.js, which I found to be very useful. However
      in our project we POST
      > XML documents to the server. Unfortunately connection.js have
      'application/x-www-form-
      > urlencoded' content-type hard-coded.
      >
      > I have done a trivial modification to connecton.js which allows to
      specify additional parameter
      > for content type of posted data. For example we use it with
      'text/xml'. I hope this patch will
      > be useful others developers and maybe it could even make it into the
      next release. You can
      > download it from the following URL:
      >
      > http://codeminders.com/patches/connection-content-type.diff

      I've added this contribution to the feature queue for connection
      manager, to remove the default content-type for POST.

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • Vadim Zaliva
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas S. Sha" <tsha@...> wrote:

        > The default of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" can be overridden
        > if you set your own header before calling asyncRequest by setting your
        > own values via initHeader.

        Your approach works under IE and Safari, but not under FireFox. Looks like once you set a
        header there, subsequent changes with different values does not take effect.

        Vadim