dropdown in datatable

  • dimus_99
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2008
      Hello,
      Per documentation on the very first page devoted to datatable it is
      stated that: "The values for CellEditor dropdownOptions must be either
      a simple Array or an Array of object literals with properties "value"
      and "label"."

      And it seems to be fine in DropDownCellEditor ... however in the very
      same file in datatable.js method formatDropdown expected "value"
      and "text" while formatting ddl in grid ...

      Am I'm missing something ?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2008
        Properties "value" and "label" are correct for 2.6, "value" and "text"
        used to be the old property names. However, where exactly is it that
        you found them? I couldn't locate it. Obviously something that was
        unnoticed with the new revision.

        Satyam

        dimus_99 wrote:
        > Hello,
        > Per documentation on the very first page devoted to datatable it is
        > stated that: "The values for CellEditor dropdownOptions must be either
        > a simple Array or an Array of object literals with properties "value"
        > and "label"."
        >
        > And it seems to be fine in DropDownCellEditor ... however in the very
        > same file in datatable.js method formatDropdown expected "value"
        > and "text" while formatting ddl in grid ...
        >
        > Am I'm missing something ?

      • dimus_99
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
          formatDropdown : function (datatable-debug.js v.2.6)

          lines 3384-3385:
          optionEl.innerHTML = (lang.isValue(option.text)) ?
          option.text : option;

          sorry about delay, was on vacation ..
          Thanks,
          Dmitry

          > Properties "value" and "label" are correct for 2.6, "value"
          and "text"
          > used to be the old property names. However, where exactly is it
          that
          > you found them? I couldn't locate it. Obviously something that was
          > unnoticed with the new revision.
          >
          > Satyam
          >

          > dimus_99 wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > > Per documentation on the very first page devoted to datatable it
          is
          > > stated that: "The values for CellEditor dropdownOptions must be
          either
          > > a simple Array or an Array of object literals with
          properties "value"
          > > and "label"."
          > >
          > > And it seems to be fine in DropDownCellEditor ... however in the
          very
          > > same file in datatable.js method formatDropdown expected "value"
          > > and "text" while formatting ddl in grid ...
          > >
          > > Am I'm missing something ?

          12/11/2008 10:01