Build TreeView from markup: Ability to 'expand' default branches from markup.

  • rovangju
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008
      I've made some modifications to treeview.js and figured perhaps a few of you could benefit from the changes.

      Basically, You can add 'ygtvselected' to any < li > item and the tree will be expanded up to those elements.

      DEMO: http://www.patherbase.com/code/yuiselstate/treeviewRedux.html
      SOURCE: http://www.patherbase.com/code/

      Lemme know what you think :)
    • rovangju
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "rovangju" <rovangju@...> wrote:

        > I've made some modifications to treeview.js and figured perhaps a few of
        > you could benefit from the changes.
        >
        > Basically, You can add 'ygtvselected' to any < li > item and the tree
        > will be expanded up to those elements.
        >

        > DEMO: http://www.patherbase.com/code/yuiselstate/treeviewRedux.html
        > <http://www.patherbase.com/code/yuiselstate/treeviewRedux.html>
        > SOURCE: http://www.patherbase.com/code/
        > <http://www.patherbase.com/code/>
        >
        > Lemme know what you think :)

        I meant to say you can add a class ='ygtvselected' to any < li > item ***

        See, right now, you can't use markup and expand the tree to a default
        state, which you CAN do if you built the tree via YUI JS and used cookies.

        However, this method allows you to not rely on cookies so if you use
        this for critical purposes on your site, e.g.: Navigation, you can use
        internal variables to set the class for the navigation LI item
        generated by your server-side code, and you also don't lose
        compatibility with ADA/Javascript disabled browsers.

        -Justin
      • rovangju
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2008