How does YAHOO.util.Get.script know when the script is succesfully download?

  • mikeni1225
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2008
      I'm wondering how does YAHOO.util.Get.script know when the script is
      succesfully download?

      My impression YAHOO.util.Get attaches a script tag to the dom correct?
      But how do you know when the added js file is done loading?
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008
        mikeni1225,

        Get knows that the script has loaded in A-Grade browsers because the script node's load event fires.

        When you're using Get and need to support Safari 2.x, use the varName field or a callback in the loaded script source to positively ascertain that the script has loaded.

        Regards,
        Eric

        On Nov 7, 2008, at 1:19 PM, mikeni1225 wrote:

        I'm wondering how does YAHOO.util.Get. script know when the script is
        succesfully download?

        My impression YAHOO.util.Get attaches a script tag to the dom correct?
        But how do you know when the added js file is done loading?

      • ikaro751
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
          Do you know if it is possible to load javascript with YAHOO.util.Get generated automatically through an ASP page?

          Best regards