Re: connection.js - content type

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Vadim Zaliva" <lord@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I am using connection.js, which I found to be very useful. However
      in our project we POST
      > XML documents to the server. Unfortunately connection.js have
      'application/x-www-form-
      > urlencoded' content-type hard-coded.
      >
      > I have done a trivial modification to connecton.js which allows to
      specify additional parameter
      > for content type of posted data. For example we use it with
      'text/xml'. I hope this patch will
      > be useful others developers and maybe it could even make it into the
      next release. You can
      > download it from the following URL:
      >
      > http://codeminders.com/patches/connection-content-type.diff
      >
      > Vadim

      Thanks for the contribution. We may re-evaluate it as a default value.

      The default of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" can be overridden
      if you set your own header before calling asyncRequest by setting your
      own values via initHeader.

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Vadim Zaliva" <lord@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > I am using connection.js, which I found to be very useful. However
        in our project we POST
        > XML documents to the server. Unfortunately connection.js have
        'application/x-www-form-
        > urlencoded' content-type hard-coded.
        >
        > I have done a trivial modification to connecton.js which allows to
        specify additional parameter
        > for content type of posted data. For example we use it with
        'text/xml'. I hope this patch will
        > be useful others developers and maybe it could even make it into the
        next release. You can
        > download it from the following URL:
        >
        > http://codeminders.com/patches/connection-content-type.diff

        I've added this contribution to the feature queue for connection
        manager, to remove the default content-type for POST.

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Vadim Zaliva
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas S. Sha" <tsha@...> wrote:

          > The default of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" can be overridden
          > if you set your own header before calling asyncRequest by setting your
          > own values via initHeader.

          Your approach works under IE and Safari, but not under FireFox. Looks like once you set a
          header there, subsequent changes with different values does not take effect.

          Vadim