Is this a copyright violation

  • kittumani
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008
      http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.6.0/build/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-
      grids.css

      Lets say I have taken the following from the above file (including the
      license info.) and named it as gridy.css.,

      .yui-t1,.yui-t2,.yui-t3,.yui-t4,.yui-t5,.yui-t6,.yui-t7{
      margin:auto;
      text-align:left;
      width:57.69em;
      *width:56.25em;
      min-width:750px;
      }

      #doc2{width:73.076em;*width:71.25em;}

      and now in gridy.css (retaining the same yui license info. at the top)
      i renamed the classnames as,

      .gridy-t1, .gridy-t2, .gridy-t3, .gridy-t4,.gridy-t5,.gridy-t6,
      .gridy-t7{
      margin:auto;
      text-align:left;
      width:57.69em;
      *width:56.25em;
      min-width:750px;
      }

      #gridy_doc2{width:73.076em;*width:71.25em;}

      Am I violating BSD license here ? Appreciate your response
    • crlender
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kittumani" <kittumani@...> wrote:
        > and now in gridy.css (retaining the same yui license info. at the top)
        > i renamed the classnames as,
        >
        > .gridy-t1, .gridy-t2, .gridy-t3, .gridy-t4,.gridy-t5,.gridy-t6,
        > .gridy-t7{
        > Am I violating BSD license here ? Appreciate your response

        IANAL, but the BSD license makes it pretty clear that you're allowed
        to modify the source any way you like, as long as you keep the license
        text and attribution intact.

        - Conrad