Re: Width of tabs in tabview

  • Caxton
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hi, Bob:

      Do you have resloved fix width of tab ins tabview?
      I had try customize the tabview skin based on tabview's document.
      However, no matter how I try, the width still can not fixed.

      Please give me a hand, thanks.

      Best regards,

      Caxton

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "k6rks" <rks@...> wrote:

      > Thank you, that worked as I wanted. I set min-width: 8em; text-align:
      > center;. Setting width on the <li> made the tab's parking place that
      > width but the tab itself did not change width. If an extra long name
      > were to come in, that one tab would become wider. Constraining width
      > rather than min-width keeps the tab at that width but puts the text on
      > multiple lines, making that tab taller than others.
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "D. Wayne Fincher"
      > <slowlychillin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Have you tried to wrap the text that you put in the tab with a div, or
      > > some other tag that could have a width set?
      > >
      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "k6rks" <rks@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The "fashion committee" has decided that they want all tabs in a
      > > > tabview to be the same width rather than be determined by the
      > > > characters in the label. I have looked at many things to try to
      > > > accomplish this but have not found a way. Any suggestions would be
      > > > appreciated.
      > > >
      > > > Bob

    • Caxton
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2008
        Well, I found that set "width:6em; text-align:center" on the <em> is work.
        Sorry for troubled. :P