Re: [ydn-javascript] Changing font size from font:13px/1.231 to 12px

  • Nate Koechley
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hey Brendan,

      On Nov 1, 2008, at 7:48 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

      Hi,

      I want to make my website's text 12px, everything, all controls as well.  How would I do this?  Do I have to go and specify the font size as 12px in all the controls?

      I the reset-fonts-grids.css there is the following piece of code:

      body {font:13px/1.231 arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;*font-size:small;*font:x-small;}

      How would the above code change if I were to change the font size in my own stylesheet for all  controls?

      IE sees one of the two keywords. IE sees "small" when in Standards Mode and "x-small" when in Quirs Mode. In both cases, the keyword = 13px.

      Keywords are used for IE to preserve user-adjustable font sizes.

      Unfortunately, there isn't a keyword that renders 12px.

      What is the /1.231?  I can't remember what it means?

      Line-height. It follows the same conversion as font-size, except as a decimal instead of a percent, so 1.231 = 123.1% = 16px.

      More info on adjusting the font size, including my recommendation, here:

      Thanks,
      Nate

      Thanks
      Brendan