Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: YUI Compresser could produce shorter output

  • Randall R Schulz
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
      On Sunday 02 November 2008 16:11, Philip Tellis wrote:
      > RRS dropped bits saying:
      > > On Sunday 02 November 2008 15:30, D. Wayne Fincher wrote:
      > >> That would be great if it weren't bad programming technique.
      > >
      > > Grotesque! Redundant punctuation does not accentuate readability,
      > > and
      >
      > When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not. Hmm?
      >
      > :)

      Umm... Yes?

      Unless, perhaps, you're an acolyte of Ray Kurzweil.

      However, I fail to apprehend the significance of the assertion...

      RRS
    • D. Wayne Fincher
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
        Code conventions aren't just about "making code more readable".

        Anyone that attacks my post on that one single issue is taking part in
        a straw man. That is, instead of presenting a rebuttal based on the
        argument at hand, you take another argument which is easier to rebut
        and refute that one.

        In this case, I never mentioned anything about the readability of the
        code. And yet, a few posts only rebutted me on that point.

        Classic straw man approach. ;)