Re: Multiple use of widget on one page

  • bretlevy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      Aleksander:

      This might help you...

      http://sandbox.bluelinkdemo.com/sandbox/caltest1.htm

      ~~bret

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "akujbida" <akujbida@...> wrote:

      > Is there a tidy approach to putting many widgets (in this case,
      > calendar menu buttons)onto one page? I need 12 or more, and this adds
      > up to a lot of redundant code. I think that one part of a tidy
      > solution would require that the ID of the clicked calendar gets passed
      > to the select handler, but this does not seem to be the case.
      >
      > I can't find this resolved anywhere in the forum, tips appreciated.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Aleksander

    • akujbida
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        Thanks Satyam,
        That is a superb overview of the approach, just what I needed,
        thanks for taking the time.
        Sincerely,
        Aleksander

        > You can set the same listener for several objects. Within the
        listener,
        > Event getTarget method lets you find what was clicked, possibly by its
        <snip>
      • akujbida
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
          Thanks Bret,
          I had noticed that one when looking earlier, but couldn't figure
          out how to apply it to the menubutton style of calendar, so kept
          looking. Very neat and tidy, though, and will be the route I will try
          to take. Thanks for troubling to point it out.
          Sincerely,
          Aleksander