YUI 2.56, YUI 3 RC1, Bubbling - remixing the portal example w/ a few accordions

  • Bill Berzinskas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hello guys,

      I just started checking out the bubbling library after having used YUI
      for a few months.. I need a little help.. Don't worry, I feel this is
      not really a "newbie" problem.. who knows, it may be though..

      So, I'm doing a little mashup which uses YUI 2.5.6, YUI 3 RC1, and
      Bubbling 1.5.0

      You can see my source here: http://bblaze.is-a-geek.net/cms/

      My main concern thusfar is the vertical accordion on the left.. It
      seems to work well in Firefox, but not so well in IE.. I should also
      note, that in both browsers, the accordion is covered up by my modules
      once they are put on the page.. I think if you spend a few minutes in
      each browser with the example, you will see exactly what I mean.. Any
      ideas how I can get around these issues?

      Also, as I said, I'm using a "few" accordions.. So, if you click the |<
      link on one of the modules, that opens up a bubbling accordion.. This
      was kind of a hack on my part, and I'm looking for a more solid method,
      altho mine does work.. I basically took the bubbling accordion, took
      the header off and offset the open / close image w/ top and right in my
      css.. any problems with that? Also, as a whole, I'm thinking that the
      module example in the YUI 3 portal example may not be exactly what I
      want as far as having hd, bd, ft.. I tinkered with it briefly, but it
      fell apart fast.. What repercussions will I see in reworking that
      script w/ the grids that I want?

      Thanks in advance,
      Bill Berzinskas