Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: YUI datatable supports internationalization

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
      ROBIN BAJAJ wrote:
      > Any idea.. anybody ?
      I have an idea, but if you start throwing things like Spring, JSF of
      XYZ, I don't have a clue about, I can hardly know what to reply.
      If you simply ask if DataTable can be internationalized, well, all YUI
      can be internationalized it is being used in plenty of languages
      already. Almost nothing of YUI has any text built in (and if there is
      any, which I'm not aware of, it is a bug, please report it in
      SourceForge). Look for uppercase property names or configuration
      attributes, those usually store all texts. (Since they would usually be
      constants, YUI uses the convention of all-uppercase for them). In the
      DataTable, you can put any text you like in column labels in whichever
      language you want, that goes in the label property of a column
      definition. If you use dates and use the Calendar to edit them, the
      calendar is a separate control and there is a section in the
      documentation about internationalizing it as well.

      Satyam