Re: YUI datatable supports internationalization

  • ROBIN BAJAJ
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
      Any idea.. anybody ?
      I am still waiting to hear back about YUI (in general) and YUI datatable's support for internationalization.
      Actually I am a little timebound to make a decision about YUI library vs some AJAX enabled JSF component library like RichFaces (which does support internationalization by the way, but its control lack some capabilities that YUI provides) for my project, Any input will be greatly appreciated,
      Robin

      On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:14 PM, ROBIN BAJAJ <robinbajaj@...> wrote:
      I am working on a Spring + JSF application at my current job and doing some initial investigation into implementing some YUI components
      in our webpages. I am mainly interested in datatable for now. The first concern I have is whether it supports internationalization i.e whether I can pull the column labels from some resource (.properties file) at runtime.

      A quick search on "internationalization datatable" didn't give any relevant results,
      Can someone throw some light on this issue,
      Thanks in advance.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
        ROBIN BAJAJ wrote:
        > Any idea.. anybody ?
        I have an idea, but if you start throwing things like Spring, JSF of
        XYZ, I don't have a clue about, I can hardly know what to reply.
        If you simply ask if DataTable can be internationalized, well, all YUI
        can be internationalized it is being used in plenty of languages
        already. Almost nothing of YUI has any text built in (and if there is
        any, which I'm not aware of, it is a bug, please report it in
        SourceForge). Look for uppercase property names or configuration
        attributes, those usually store all texts. (Since they would usually be
        constants, YUI uses the convention of all-uppercase for them). In the
        DataTable, you can put any text you like in column labels in whichever
        language you want, that goes in the label property of a column
        definition. If you use dates and use the Calendar to edit them, the
        calendar is a separate control and there is a section in the
        documentation about internationalizing it as well.

        Satyam