Re: YUI / Dreamweaver Widgets

  • dpj22
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2008
      Has CS4 improved it's handling of CSS enough to render YUI grids? I've
      been waiting to make a decision on CS4 until I could get an answer to
      that.

      I'm going to d/l the trial version and test it out.

      thanks,

      Dan

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Wow, that's cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4) and
      > > won't install on CS3. I've only tried to install YUI Menu and
      assume
      > > all the other widgets will be the same. Any plans to make these
      > > uploads compatible with CS3 or previous?
      > >
      > > I learned (am learning) how to use YUI because Spry beta wasn't
      > > causing me too many problems. YUI has been great and I really hope
      > > can use it with CS3.
      >
      > The tool used in the creation of the Web Widgets
      > (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamweaver_Widget_Packager)
      > requires Dreamweaver CS4, and the corresponding Extension Manager
      for
      > CS4. There does not appear to be a similar tool for CS3 and Web
      Widgets.

      > Regards,
      > Thomas

    • dpj22
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 31, 2008
        Guess I won't d/l the trial version. It isn't available.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@...> wrote:

        > Has CS4 improved it's handling of CSS enough to render YUI grids?
        I've
        > been waiting to make a decision on CS4 until I could get an answer
        > that.
        >
        > I'm going to d/l the trial version and test it out.
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > Dan
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Wow, that's cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4)
        and
        > > > won't install on CS3. I've only tried to install YUI Menu and
        > assume
        > > > all the other widgets will be the same. Any plans to make these
        > > > uploads compatible with CS3 or previous?
        > > >
        > > > I learned (am learning) how to use YUI because Spry beta wasn't
        > > > causing me too many problems. YUI has been great and I really
        hope
        > > > can use it with CS3.
        > >
        > > The tool used in the creation of the Web Widgets
        > > (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamweaver_Widget_Packager)
        > > requires Dreamweaver CS4, and the corresponding Extension Manager
        > for
        > > CS4. There does not appear to be a similar tool for CS3 and Web
        > Widgets.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Thomas

      • dpj22
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2008
          I bought the upgrade to CS4 and did some initial testing. I'll work on
          it some more. First impression is positive. It worked fine and
          inserted all the right files. I liked that the menu or tree was
          populated with some items to make it easy to modify by the example.

          It would be nice to see more options to configure YUI Menu like have
          it create a yuimenubar or yuimenu. I won't use the default yuimenul
          much so I'll likely not use the wdiget that often. But maybe I'm
          missing something as I'm not that familiar with Adobe's extensions.

          Dan

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
          wrote:

          > endyoursearch23,
          >
          > Thanks for the feedback on this.
          >
          > We understand that it's a big value add to have this built in to
          > popular tools like Dreamweaver. We'll keep making an effort to
          > provide that support where it's possible and to make it easier for
          > others to do it where we don't have the resources.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Eric
          >

          > On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:27 AM, endyoursearch23 wrote:
          >
          > > I was super excited to see the YUI Team packaged these widgets.
          > >
          > > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?
          event=authorExtensions&authorid=101448776