The sendrequest method need (oRequest, oCallback),why the example doesn't like i

  • codetome
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
      sendrequest(oRequest, oCallback)

      but the example that http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_autocomplete.html

      there are code as below:

      var getTerms = function(query) {
      myDataSource.sendRequest('datatable=yes&query=' +
      query + '&zip=' + Dom.get('dt_input_zip').value + queryString,
      myDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable, myDataTable);
      };

      I don't know how it works.
      because I meet the question about change the datasource to refresh
      datatable .. I learn from the example . it doesn't work!!

      by the way ... I have two paginator:['paginationContainerTop','paginationContainerBottom']

      and the example have none! help me please
    • Lucas Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "codetome" <jiezhang@...> wrote:

        > sendrequest(oRequest, oCallback)
        >
        > but the example that
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_autocomplete.html

        > there are code as below:
        >
        > var getTerms = function(query) {
        > myDataSource.sendRequest('datatable=yes&query=' +
        > query + '&zip=' + Dom.get('dt_input_zip').value + queryString,
        > myDataTable.onDataReturnInitializeTable, myDataTable);
        > };
        >

        > I don't know how it works.
        > because I meet the question about change the datasource to refresh
        > datatable .. I learn from the example . it doesn't work!!
        >
        > by the way ... I have two
        paginator:['paginationContainerTop','paginationContainerBottom']

        > and the example have none! help me please

        The example is using the deprecated syntax for sendRequest(req,
        successHandler, handlerScope). In the new world, this is equivalent to
        myDataSource.sendRequest(req,{
        success: successHandler,
        scope: handlerScope
        });

        Please submit a bug on SourceForge about the documentation including
        deprecated syntax
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=add&group_id=165715&atid=836476

        Regarding your pagination config, you'll want to configure the
        DataTable to use *one* Paginator that itself is configured to use
        *two* containers.
        var tableConfig = {
        paginator = new YAHOO.widget.Paginator({
        rowsPerPage: 25,
        containers: ['paginationContainerTop','paginationContainerBottom']
        })
        };

        var myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable(id,cols,dsource,tableConfig);

        By default, DataTable will auto-configure the Paginator to use one
        container above and one below the table, so you might get away with
        simply not including the containers config for Paginator and letting
        DataTable fill in its defaults.

        Hope this helps,
        Luke