YUI datatable supports internationalization

  • ROBIN BAJAJ
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
      I am working on a Spring + JSF application at my current job and doing some initial investigation into implementing some YUI components
      in our webpages. I am mainly interested in datatable for now. The first concern I have is whether it supports internationalization i.e whether I can pull the column labels from some resource (.properties file) at runtime.

      A quick search on "internationalization datatable" didn't give any relevant results,
      Can someone throw some light on this issue,
      Thanks in advance.

    • sudhakar mishra
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "ROBIN BAJAJ" <robinbajaj@...>
        wrote:

        > I am working on a Spring + JSF application at my current job and
        doing some
        > initial investigation into implementing some YUI components
        > in our webpages. I am mainly interested in datatable for now. The
        first
        > concern I have is whether it supports internationalization i.e
        whether I can
        > pull the column labels from some resource (.properties file) at
        runtime.

        > A quick search on "internationalization datatable" didn't give any
        relevant
        > results,
        > Can someone throw some light on this issue,
        > Thanks in advance.

        HAPPY DIWALI BEST WISHES REGARDS
      • ROBIN BAJAJ
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
          Any idea.. anybody ?
          I am still waiting to hear back about YUI (in general) and YUI datatable's support for internationalization.
          Actually I am a little timebound to make a decision about YUI library vs some AJAX enabled JSF component library like RichFaces (which does support internationalization by the way, but its control lack some capabilities that YUI provides) for my project, Any input will be greatly appreciated,
          Robin

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
            ROBIN BAJAJ wrote:
            > Any idea.. anybody ?
            I have an idea, but if you start throwing things like Spring, JSF of
            XYZ, I don't have a clue about, I can hardly know what to reply.
            If you simply ask if DataTable can be internationalized, well, all YUI
            can be internationalized it is being used in plenty of languages
            already. Almost nothing of YUI has any text built in (and if there is
            any, which I'm not aware of, it is a bug, please report it in
            SourceForge). Look for uppercase property names or configuration
            attributes, those usually store all texts. (Since they would usually be
            constants, YUI uses the convention of all-uppercase for them). In the
            DataTable, you can put any text you like in column labels in whichever
            language you want, that goes in the label property of a column
            definition. If you use dates and use the Calendar to edit them, the
            calendar is a separate control and there is a section in the
            documentation about internationalizing it as well.

            Satyam