Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

YUI / Dreamweaver Widgets

Expand Messages
  • endyoursearch23
    I was super excited to see the YUI Team packaged these widgets. http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=authorExtensions&authorid=101448776 Are
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      I was super excited to see the YUI Team packaged these widgets.

      http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=authorExtensions&authorid=101448776

      Are there any plans to be adding more of these widgets, Im not a full
      blown coder, so this is a major help / step for designers to start
      getting into the fray.

      Please consider making all features always packaged into the
      dreamweaver cs4 package.

      Great Stuff!
    • Eric Miraglia
      endyoursearch23, Thanks for the feedback on this. We understand that it s a big value add to have this built in to popular tools like Dreamweaver. We ll keep
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        endyoursearch23,

        Thanks for the feedback on this.

        We understand that it's a big value add to have this built in to popular tools like Dreamweaver.  We'll keep making an effort to provide that support where it's possible and to make it easier for others to do it where we don't have the resources.

        Regards,
        Eric


        On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:27 AM, endyoursearch23 wrote:

        I was super excited to see the YUI Team packaged these widgets.

        http://www.adobe. com/cfusion/ exchange/ index.cfm? event=authorExte nsions&authorid= 101448776

        Are there any plans to be adding more of these widgets, Im not a full
        blown coder, so this is a major help / step for designers to start
        getting into the fray.

        Please consider making all features always packaged into the
        dreamweaver cs4 package.

        Great Stuff!


      • alexfstab
        That s a great news for me too. Thank you!
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          That's a great news for me too. Thank you!
        • dpj22
          Wow, that s cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4) and won t install on CS3. I ve only tried to install YUI Menu and assume all the other widgets
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            Wow, that's cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4) and
            won't install on CS3. I've only tried to install YUI Menu and assume
            all the other widgets will be the same. Any plans to make these
            uploads compatible with CS3 or previous?

            I learned (am learning) how to use YUI because Spry beta wasn't
            causing me too many problems. YUI has been great and I really hope I
            can use it with CS3.

            Dan


            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
            wrote:
            >
            > endyoursearch23,
            >
            > Thanks for the feedback on this.
            >
            > We understand that it's a big value add to have this built in to
            > popular tools like Dreamweaver. We'll keep making an effort to
            > provide that support where it's possible and to make it easier for
            > others to do it where we don't have the resources.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Eric
            >
            >
            > On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:27 AM, endyoursearch23 wrote:
            >
            > > I was super excited to see the YUI Team packaged these widgets.
            > >
            > > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?
            event=authorExtensions&authorid=101448776
            > >
            > > Are there any plans to be adding more of these widgets, Im not a
            full
            > > blown coder, so this is a major help / step for designers to start
            > > getting into the fray.
            > >
            > > Please consider making all features always packaged into the
            > > dreamweaver cs4 package.
            > >
            > > Great Stuff!
            > >
            > >
            > >
            >
          • tssha
            ... The tool used in the creation of the Web Widgets (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamweaver_Widget_Packager) requires Dreamweaver CS4, and the
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              > Wow, that's cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4) and
              > won't install on CS3. I've only tried to install YUI Menu and assume
              > all the other widgets will be the same. Any plans to make these
              > uploads compatible with CS3 or previous?
              >
              > I learned (am learning) how to use YUI because Spry beta wasn't
              > causing me too many problems. YUI has been great and I really hope I
              > can use it with CS3.

              The tool used in the creation of the Web Widgets
              (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamweaver_Widget_Packager)
              requires Dreamweaver CS4, and the corresponding Extension Manager for
              CS4. There does not appear to be a similar tool for CS3 and Web Widgets.

              Regards,
              Thomas
            • endyoursearch23
              Thank you very much eric, very smart idea. Im looking forward to these =0 whenever & whoever gets them packaged and up on the adobe boards heh. ...
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 30, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                Thank you very much eric, very smart idea. Im looking forward to these
                =0 whenever & whoever gets them packaged and up on the adobe boards heh.

                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...> wrote:
                >
                > endyoursearch23,
                >
                > Thanks for the feedback on this.
                >
                > We understand that it's a big value add to have this built in to
                > popular tools like Dreamweaver. We'll keep making an effort to
                > provide that support where it's possible and to make it easier for
                > others to do it where we don't have the resources.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Eric
                >
                >
                > On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:27 AM, endyoursearch23 wrote:
                >
                > > I was super excited to see the YUI Team packaged these widgets.
                > >
                > >
                http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=authorExtensions&authorid=101448776
                > >
                > > Are there any plans to be adding more of these widgets, Im not a full
                > > blown coder, so this is a major help / step for designers to start
                > > getting into the fray.
                > >
                > > Please consider making all features always packaged into the
                > > dreamweaver cs4 package.
                > >
                > > Great Stuff!
                > >
                > >
                > >
                >
              • endyoursearch23
                Im assuming its highly doubtful they will do that, Since Adobe only released a new packager for, CS4 in general, This means it was adobe that made it easier
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 30, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  Im assuming its highly doubtful they will do that, Since Adobe only
                  released a new packager for, CS4 in general, This means it was adobe
                  that made it easier for the yui team to put these up on there.

                  So you most likely will need cs4, to be honest, theres only one gripe
                  i have about cs4, it doesnt have applications frame. Only bar, And
                  that is a mac only issue of course. Not even a issue,

                  Its worth the upgrade with smart objects in dreamweaver =0.


                  --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > Wow, that's cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4) and
                  > > won't install on CS3. I've only tried to install YUI Menu and assume
                  > > all the other widgets will be the same. Any plans to make these
                  > > uploads compatible with CS3 or previous?
                  > >
                  > > I learned (am learning) how to use YUI because Spry beta wasn't
                  > > causing me too many problems. YUI has been great and I really hope I
                  > > can use it with CS3.
                  >
                  > The tool used in the creation of the Web Widgets
                  > (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamweaver_Widget_Packager)
                  > requires Dreamweaver CS4, and the corresponding Extension Manager for
                  > CS4. There does not appear to be a similar tool for CS3 and Web
                  Widgets.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Thomas
                  >
                • dpj22
                  Has CS4 improved it s handling of CSS enough to render YUI grids? I ve been waiting to make a decision on CS4 until I could get an answer to that. I m going to
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 31, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Has CS4 improved it's handling of CSS enough to render YUI grids? I've
                    been waiting to make a decision on CS4 until I could get an answer to
                    that.

                    I'm going to d/l the trial version and test it out.

                    thanks,

                    Dan

                    --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > Wow, that's cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4) and
                    > > won't install on CS3. I've only tried to install YUI Menu and
                    assume
                    > > all the other widgets will be the same. Any plans to make these
                    > > uploads compatible with CS3 or previous?
                    > >
                    > > I learned (am learning) how to use YUI because Spry beta wasn't
                    > > causing me too many problems. YUI has been great and I really hope
                    I
                    > > can use it with CS3.
                    >
                    > The tool used in the creation of the Web Widgets
                    > (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamweaver_Widget_Packager)
                    > requires Dreamweaver CS4, and the corresponding Extension Manager
                    for
                    > CS4. There does not appear to be a similar tool for CS3 and Web
                    Widgets.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Thomas
                    >
                  • dpj22
                    Guess I won t d/l the trial version. It isn t available. ... I ve ... to ... and ... hope
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 31, 2008
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Guess I won't d/l the trial version. It isn't available.

                      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >
                      > Has CS4 improved it's handling of CSS enough to render YUI grids?
                      I've
                      > been waiting to make a decision on CS4 until I could get an answer
                      to
                      > that.
                      >
                      > I'm going to d/l the trial version and test it out.
                      >
                      > thanks,
                      >
                      > Dan
                      >
                      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dpj22" <dpj22@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > Wow, that's cool. But... It requires Dreamweaver 10 (err, CS4)
                      and
                      > > > won't install on CS3. I've only tried to install YUI Menu and
                      > assume
                      > > > all the other widgets will be the same. Any plans to make these
                      > > > uploads compatible with CS3 or previous?
                      > > >
                      > > > I learned (am learning) how to use YUI because Spry beta wasn't
                      > > > causing me too many problems. YUI has been great and I really
                      hope
                      > I
                      > > > can use it with CS3.
                      > >
                      > > The tool used in the creation of the Web Widgets
                      > > (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamweaver_Widget_Packager)
                      > > requires Dreamweaver CS4, and the corresponding Extension Manager
                      > for
                      > > CS4. There does not appear to be a similar tool for CS3 and Web
                      > Widgets.
                      > >
                      > > Regards,
                      > > Thomas
                      > >
                      >
                    • dpj22
                      I bought the upgrade to CS4 and did some initial testing. I ll work on it some more. First impression is positive. It worked fine and inserted all the right
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 1, 2008
                      • 0 Attachment
                        I bought the upgrade to CS4 and did some initial testing. I'll work on
                        it some more. First impression is positive. It worked fine and
                        inserted all the right files. I liked that the menu or tree was
                        populated with some items to make it easy to modify by the example.

                        It would be nice to see more options to configure YUI Menu like have
                        it create a yuimenubar or yuimenu. I won't use the default yuimenul
                        much so I'll likely not use the wdiget that often. But maybe I'm
                        missing something as I'm not that familiar with Adobe's extensions.

                        Dan

                        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
                        wrote:
                        >
                        > endyoursearch23,
                        >
                        > Thanks for the feedback on this.
                        >
                        > We understand that it's a big value add to have this built in to
                        > popular tools like Dreamweaver. We'll keep making an effort to
                        > provide that support where it's possible and to make it easier for
                        > others to do it where we don't have the resources.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > Eric
                        >
                        >
                        > On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:27 AM, endyoursearch23 wrote:
                        >
                        > > I was super excited to see the YUI Team packaged these widgets.
                        > >
                        > > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?
                        event=authorExtensions&authorid=101448776
                        > >
                        > > Are there any plans to be adding more of these widgets, Im not a
                        full
                        > > blown coder, so this is a major help / step for designers to start
                        > > getting into the fray.
                        > >
                        > > Please consider making all features always packaged into the
                        > > dreamweaver cs4 package.
                        > >
                        > > Great Stuff!
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.