Re: [ydn-javascript] use of yui data table results in number sign at end of url

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2008
      I have found that the # sign often appears on failed scripts. Many
      clickable areas are enclosed in <a> anchor elements with an href="#" not
      really meant for navigating anywhere but to trigger an event. Usually
      the event listener would call Event.preventDefault to stop the
      navigation and do whatever was really meant to do. When that action
      fails, the call to preventDefault is not reached and the browser does
      the navigation going to the new location which is the same page at the
      top. If using Firebug, enabling Break on All Errors in the options
      dropdown in the Scripts tab usually shows what when wrong.

      Satyam