simple slider...redux

  • greenber2
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
      I'm simply going nuts!

      I need to find a simple drop-in slider. No programming. Just a
      simple drop in slider. A simple drop in I was recommended before
      somehow does not work.

      What do you recommend?

      Thank you

      Ross
    • Lucas Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "greenber2" <greenber@...> wrote:

        > I'm simply going nuts!
        >
        > I need to find a simple drop-in slider. No programming. Just a
        > simple drop in slider. A simple drop in I was recommended before
        > somehow does not work.
        >
        > What do you recommend?
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Ross

        Ross,

        What sort of API do you expect this drop in Slider to have?

        Are you using it to represent a value range or set of options in a
        form field? If so, do you expect the Slider to replace the form field?

        Please provide some context and maybe we can help you out.

        Luke
      • Ross M. Greenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
          Ross,

          What sort of API do you expect this drop in Slider to have?

          Are you using it to represent a value range or set of options in a
          form field? If so, do you expect the Slider to replace the form field?

          Please provide some context and maybe we can help you out.

          Luke

          =========

          Thanks for responding, Luke!

          The slider I am looking for would be used instead of a group of perhaps 10
          radio buttons, allowing a selection from say 10%-100% in 10 increments. The
          "interface" would have hidden fields to show the beginning of number, the
          ending number, the increment, and perhaps the placement of the submit
          button. When the submit button is clicked the current setting of the slider
          would be returned in some variable, also hidden. I'm used to getting this
          kind of functionality from Dreamweaver "behaviors"

          Any such thing exist?

          Thanks!

          Ross
        • Lucas Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Ross M. Greenberg"
            <greenber@...> wrote:

            > Ross,
            >
            > What sort of API do you expect this drop in Slider to have?
            >
            > Are you using it to represent a value range or set of options in a
            > form field? If so, do you expect the Slider to replace the form field?
            >
            > Please provide some context and maybe we can help you out.
            >
            > Luke
            >
            > =========
            >
            > Thanks for responding, Luke!
            >
            > The slider I am looking for would be used instead of a group of
            perhaps 10
            > radio buttons, allowing a selection from say 10%-100% in 10
            increments. The
            > "interface" would have hidden fields to show the beginning of
            number, the
            > ending number, the increment, and perhaps the placement of the submit
            > button. When the submit button is clicked the current setting of
            the slider
            > would be returned in some variable, also hidden. I'm used to
            getting this
            > kind of functionality from Dreamweaver "behaviors"
            >
            > Any such thing exist?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Ross

            Ross,

            Nothing like this is currently baked into any JavaScript slider
            implementation that I'm aware of. It is certainly possible to create
            this interaction, but the details and requirements of your use case
            are far from simple. There would absolutely be coding involved.

            Some libraries support replacing input elements with a Slider UI and
            wiring some automatic value setting, but version 2.6 of YUI Slider
            does not (again, it is possible to add this behavior via code,
            however). Much of what you're asking for is in the works for version
            3.0 and possibly a backport to the 2.x code line of YUI.

            Luke