How can you show YAHOO.log('foo') type statements to the testlogger

  • chrisdaggimoh
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
      Hi guys,

      I'm new to YUI, and trying to implement it for testing, and I'm trying to user the logger, in
      conjunction with YUI Test.

      Example code here;

      http://test.stemcel.co.uk/clients/js/test.html

      I've managed to either have Testlogger log to the widget on the page, or create a new
      logReader instance which overwrites the Testlogger, but what I want to do is have a a
      single logger widget display info from the Testlogger and the YAHOO.log

      I know this is probably really simple, but it's driving me mad - how can I do this simple
      task to help debug more easily?

      Also, how can you add the footer to the logger? The standard logger seems to allow you to
      filter logs depending on the source, but this doesn't seem to be the case with TestLogger.

      If you're wondering why we're using two frameworks, we're stuck with using Prototype as
      the main library on the site, but I'm hoping I can debug with YUI. in development.

      Many thanks!

      Chris
    • Lucas Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "chrisdaggimoh" <mail@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys,
        >
        > I'm new to YUI, and trying to implement it for testing, and I'm
        trying to user the logger, in
        > conjunction with YUI Test.
        >
        > Example code here;
        >
        > http://test.stemcel.co.uk/clients/js/test.html
        >
        > I've managed to either have Testlogger log to the widget on the
        page, or create a new
        > logReader instance which overwrites the Testlogger, but what I want
        to do is have a a
        > single logger widget display info from the Testlogger and the YAHOO.log
        >
        > I know this is probably really simple, but it's driving me mad - how
        can I do this simple
        > task to help debug more easily?
        >
        > Also, how can you add the footer to the logger? The standard logger
        seems to allow you to
        > filter logs depending on the source, but this doesn't seem to be the
        case with TestLogger.

        > If you're wondering why we're using two frameworks, we're stuck with
        using Prototype as
        > the main library on the site, but I'm hoping I can debug with YUI.
        in development.

        > Many thanks!
        >
        > Chris

        Chris,

        If you are using a TestLogger, you can log stuff with
        YAHOO.log(msg,type,"TestRunner");

        Hope this helps,
        Luke
      • Chris Adams