Re: [ydn-javascript] TextareaCellEditor showing null value in datatable in IE

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2008
      This is a bug. You might want to file it in SourceForge so that you get
      informed when it is fixed.

      In the meantime you can fix it by redefining a simple method. This is
      how the textbox loads the value in the input element

      YAHOO.widget.TextboxCellEditor.prototype.resetForm = function() {
      this.textbox.value = lang.isValue(this.value) ?
      this.value.toString() : "";
      };

      This is how the Textarea does it:

      YAHOO.widget.TextareaCellEditor.prototype.resetForm = function() {
      this.textarea.value = this.value;
      };

      This is what you want:

      YAHOO.widget.TextareaCellEditor.prototype.resetForm = function() {
      this.textarea.value = lang.isValue(this.value) ?
      this.value.toString() : "";
      };

      Simply add that function definition somewhere in your code after the
      DataTable is loaded and before you create any instance of the cell
      editor so your definition replaces the built-in one.

      Satyam