DataTable SearchBox

  • johngadbois
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2008
      I have a DataTable that is using a Paginator and grabbing data
      server-side from a datasource using JSON. I want to add a Search box
      to filter the data on the DataTable. I added an event handler to the
      Search button to myDataSource.sendRequest, but I'm not sure how to
      reload the table with the results returned from the DataSource.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks,
      John
    • cicerotech
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "johngadbois" <jgadbois@...>
        wrote:

        > I have a DataTable that is using a Paginator and grabbing data
        > server-side from a datasource using JSON. I want to add a Search box
        > to filter the data on the DataTable. I added an event handler to the
        > Search button to myDataSource.sendRequest, but I'm not sure how to
        > reload the table with the results returned from the DataSource.
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John

      • cicerotech
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
          OK, somehow my reply disappeared. Apparently bugs with the rich text
          editor. Anyways, I said I got search working by using this example:
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_autocomplete.html
          (look for the getTerms function)

          Although I have it working with the paginator it's still buggy, which
          I posted about a moment ago. Hopefully someone will know how to make
          them work together.

          Josh