Autocompleter JS Error in IE7

  • Achim Röke
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2008
      Hi !
      here is my autocompleter:

          var vid = document.getElementById("act_vid").value;

          // Use an XHRDataSource
          var oDS = new YAHOO.util.XHRDataSource("assets/get_gpnummer.php");
          // Set the responseType
          oDS.responseType = YAHOO.util.XHRDataSource.TYPE_JSON;
          // Define the schema of the delimited results
          oDS.responseSchema = {
                  resultsList : "ResultSet.Result", // String pointer to result data
                  fields : [{ key: "gpname" },{ key: "gpnummer" },{ key: "akt" },{ key: "sid" },{ key: "gpznummer" }]
          };
          // Enable caching
          oDS.maxCacheEntries = 5;

          // Instantiate the AutoComplete
          var oAC = new YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("searchfield", "searchfield_result", oDS);

      In the last line IE says "Object Reference" expected !? Firefox works fine ...
      My site is in transitional mode. Do I have to use something else ?

      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www..w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

    • Eric Miraglia

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
          Hi Eric,
          thank you for you reply.

          Here ist the link: http://www.guenstigweb.de/yui/

          The example is in German but I translated it quick and dirty into (poor) english. The problem is with the autocompleter.js in line 20 (Internet Explorer).
          To produce the error open the context menu (rightclick) on the tree and try to add a person. Now a panel opens and you can search a name. Use John Wayne for example. Firefox works but IE unfortunately not.

          Thank you for your help !

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
            Achim,

            The first thing I'd look at is the response from your DataSource.  You're specifying that you're returning JSON data, but look at the response that comes back from the server to these requests:

            SELECT user.gpname AS gpname, user.gpnummer AS gpnummer, struktur.akt AS akt, struktur.sid AS sid, struktur.gpznummer AS gpznummer, struktur.von AS zuordnung_von, struktur.bis AS zuordnung_bis FROM user LEFT JOIN struktur on struktur.gpnummer = user.gpnummer AND struktur.vid = '1' AND struktur.von <= CURRENT_DATE() AND struktur.bis >= CURRENT_DATE()WHERE (user.gpname LIKE '%joh%' OR user.gpnummer LIKE '%joh%') AND login = '0' {"ResultSet":{"Result":[{"gpname":"John Wayne","gpnummer":"50101","akt":"0","sid":"456","gpznummer":"50101","zuordnung_von":"2008-10-01","zuordnung_bis":"2099-12-31"}]}}

            Does it work if you don't return the SQL with the JSON?

            -Eric

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
              Eric,
              I am very sorry. I forgot to comment out my debug output.
              I did that and the datasource should now return only JSON.
              It still does not work. Could you please have another look? Thank you very much.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
                Hello out there,

                is anyone able to help me with my problem? My autocompleter does not work with the Interenet-Explorer. Any help is appretiated since I did not manage to resolve the issue for now.

                Here ist the link to the example: http://www.guenstig web.de/yui/