Calendar component / flickr mashup example

  • y_stevenp
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2006
      Hi all,

      I'm so pleased to see so many people diving right in to using the
      components! :) It's very exciting.

      I wanted to provide you with an example of how the Calendar component
      can be used in a somewhat unorthodox implementation -- displaying a
      flickr user's photos by date on a large calendar.

      http://www.squeakytoy.net/dev/flickrcal/

      Notice that you can dynamically change the flickr username by entering
      it in the field and clicking "set username". I recommend setting it to
      "jkoshi" and looking at 5/2005. The whole month is filled with amazing
      photos and it's definitely neat to look at.

      I'm sure you guys will come up with all kinds of cool ways to divide
      data up by date. I just wanted to toss this example out there for
      inspiration. :)

      Thanks for all the great feedback so far!

      Steven Peterson
      Web Developer, Platform Engineering
      Yahoo!