YUI Uploader 2.6.0 and uploadProgress events in Linux

  • Alexandros Vellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2008
      I'm implementing YUI uploader 2.6.0 in a project and have discovered
      the following behavior:

      In Firefox 3 + Adobe Shockwave Flash Plugin 9,0,124,0 in Ubuntu Linux,
      I am uploading a file and no uploadProgress events are emitted. Thus,
      the progress bar does not fill up progressively.

      In Firefox 3 + same version of Flash Plugin in Windows XP, in the exact
      same application, the uploadProgress events are emitted and the
      progress bar fills up smoothly, as expected.

      Does uploadProgress work for anyone else under Linux?

      Is this a known (or unknown) limitation of Flash in Linux or is it
      fixable?

      If it is the former, perhaps it could be documented in "Known
      limitations" chapter of uploader.

      If it's the latter, I shall open a ticket.

      Kind regards,

      --
      Alexandros Vellis
      National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2008
        Hi Alexandros,

        This is a known issue: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-377

        Currently, doesn't seem like there's any new info from Adobe. I'll
        contact engineers there directly to see if there are any updates.

        Best,
        Allen

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Alexandros Vellis <avel@...> wrote:

        > I'm implementing YUI uploader 2.6.0 in a project and have discovered
        > the following behavior:
        >
        > In Firefox 3 + Adobe Shockwave Flash Plugin 9,0,124,0 in Ubuntu Linux,
        > I am uploading a file and no uploadProgress events are emitted. Thus,
        > the progress bar does not fill up progressively.
        >
        > In Firefox 3 + same version of Flash Plugin in Windows XP, in the exact
        > same application, the uploadProgress events are emitted and the
        > progress bar fills up smoothly, as expected.
        >
        > Does uploadProgress work for anyone else under Linux?
        >
        > Is this a known (or unknown) limitation of Flash in Linux or is it
        > fixable?
        >
        > If it is the former, perhaps it could be documented in "Known
        > limitations" chapter of uploader.
        >
        > If it's the latter, I shall open a ticket.
        >
        > Kind regards,
        >
        > --
        > Alexandros Vellis
        > National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
        > Network Operations Centre

      • jerry_gagliano
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
          Doesn't work for me. :( It uploads the file to the server perfectly
          but the progress bar appears 100% once the upload is done. I though i
          programmed something wrong but when I tested on a windows machine out
          of curiosity it works perfectly.

          I hope it will get fixed soon.