Re: TreeView

  • David Prusak
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Purdy" <jason@...> wrote:

      > I've been playing around with the TreeView control and for some
      > reason, the treeInit() function wasn't being called. If I take the
      > tree construction out of that function, the control is loaded & works
      > fine (so far). But if I put it back in the treeInit() function,
      > nothing shows up and the tree is undefined.
      >
      > I am bringing in the YAHOO.js & treeview.js scripts in the header,
      > which I looked through briefly and didn't see any mention of the
      > treeInit() function.
      >
      > So my question is - is that legit? What calls that?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Jason

      You do. You create any initialization wrapper and call it onload (or
      any event you capture to invoke the treeview. That part, you
      control. You don't have to use it (ie, inline non wrapped code).

      Hope that helps!
      --David
    • kammy_scorpi
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2008
        Hi Group,

        I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
        reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
        I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
        location.
        Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?

        Thanks
        KJ
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2008
          The images are defined in the associated CSS files as backgrounds.

          From the way you say it I suspect that you are downloading the
          individual .js files from the examples. That is too complicated and you
          always end up missing something. You can download the whole YUI package
          in a zip file and it will contain all you need, files, API docs,
          examples, all organized exactly as in the YUI site. Then you will be
          sure you don't miss anything. Anyhow, unless you are curious to see the
          code, you can load the files straight from both YAHOO and Google servers
          and never trouble yourself having your own copies.

          Satyam

          kammy_scorpi wrote:
          > Hi Group,
          >
          > I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
          > reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
          > I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
          > location.
          > Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?
          >
          > Thanks
          > KJ

        • kammy_scorpi
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
            Satyam,

            Thanks for your reply. I have the entire package downloaded (as you
            suggested). And, as far as I know, I have all the .css included as per
            the instructions.

            I have skin.css and treeview.css . What am I missing?

            Thanks
            KJ

            > The images are defined in the associated CSS files as backgrounds.
            >
            > From the way you say it I suspect that you are downloading the
            > individual .js files from the examples. That is too complicated and
            you
            > always end up missing something. You can download the whole YUI
            package
            > in a zip file and it will contain all you need, files, API docs,
            > examples, all organized exactly as in the YUI site. Then you will be
            > sure you don't miss anything. Anyhow, unless you are curious to see
            the
            > code, you can load the files straight from both YAHOO and Google
            servers
            > and never trouble yourself having your own copies.
            >
            > Satyam
            >

            > kammy_scorpi wrote:
            > > Hi Group,
            > >
            > > I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
            > > reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
            > > I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
            > > location.
            > > Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > KJ

            05/12/2008 9:57

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
              Do the examples that are shipped along the distribution files work?
              They should. Use them as a model. Are you moving any of the files
              around? Do you realize that the image files referenced by the CSS have
              to keep their relative position to the CSS file that refers them. If
              you move the CSS file, the image files have to go along. If you are
              using Firefox/Firebug, look into the Net tab, are there any files in
              red? Check their location and adjust them accordingly.

              Otherwise, without having a look at how you have your files set up,
              there is little anyone could possibly do.

              Satyam

              kammy_scorpi wrote:
              > Satyam,
              >
              > Thanks for your reply. I have the entire package downloaded (as you
              > suggested). And, as far as I know, I have all the .css included as per
              > the instructions.
              >
              > I have skin.css and treeview.css . What am I missing?
              >
              > Thanks
              > KJ

              >> The images are defined in the associated CSS files as backgrounds.
              >>
              >> From the way you say it I suspect that you are downloading the
              >> individual .js files from the examples. That is too complicated and
              >>
              > you
              >
              >> always end up missing something. You can download the whole YUI
              >>
              > package
              >
              >> in a zip file and it will contain all you need, files, API docs,
              >> examples, all organized exactly as in the YUI site. Then you will be
              >> sure you don't miss anything. Anyhow, unless you are curious to see
              >>
              > the
              >
              >> code, you can load the files straight from both YAHOO and Google
              >>
              > servers
              >
              >> and never trouble yourself having your own copies.
              >>
              >> Satyam
              >>

              >> kammy_scorpi wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hi Group,
              >>>
              >>> I tried using the TreeView code (as is from the source) but, for some
              >>> reason when I view the page, I don't see the + or - signs.
              >>> I downloaded the Yahoo .js files and am referring to them from a local
              >>> location.
              >>> Can anybody tell me which file is needed for those icons?
              >>>
              >>> Thanks
              >>> KJ

              > 05/12/2008 9:57

            • kammy_scorpi
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
                OK. I go them.
                Had to include the .gif files in my workspace.

                Thanks
                KJ

                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kammy_scorpi"