Undocumented(?) change in Overlay widget between 2.5.2 & 2.6

  • Stuart Grimshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2008
      I noticed a difference in the examples betweem YIU 2.5.2 & 2.6 the
      other day while trying to implement a calendar on a button, following
      this example:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/button/btn_example09.html

      oButton.on("appendTo", function () {
      // Create an empty body element for the Overlay instance in order
      // to reserve space to render the Calendar instance into.
      oCalendarMenu.setBody(" ");
      oCalendarMenu.body.id = "calendarcontainer";
      });

      but the same example for 2.5.2 has an extra line in it:

      oButton.on("appendTo", function () {
      /*
      Create an empty body element for the Overlay instance in order
      to reserve space to render the Calendar instance into.
      */

      oCalendarMenu.setBody(" ");
      oCalendarMenu.body.id = "calendarcontainer";

      // Render the Overlay instance into the Button's parent element
      oCalendarMenu.render(this.get("container"));
      });

      I assume the render now happens elsewhere in 2.6 (I'm still using
      2.5.2), but I can't find anything that documents this change anywhere?

      -S